LIGNES DE BATAILLE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LIGNES DE BATAILLE

Forum dédié aux jeux de simulation

AccueilPortailDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-35%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Smartphone Samsung Galaxy A25 6,5″ 5G + Casque Bluetooth JBL
241 € 371 €
Voir le deal

Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble

5 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble Empty
MessageSujet: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeMer 18 Avr - 13:57

Legion wargames will eventually publish a game for Dien Bien Phu. The playtest map (as it is now) can be seen here: www . kangerproject.com/DienBienPhu/

I wish to make DBP a fast playing tournament game. I will introduce a make or break system. The Viet Minh places a regiment order marker on a French strongpoint. That regiment is now ordered to continue its assault until that strongpoint is reached and conquered. While reaching it, the regiment will suffer two consequences of its assault as well as battle results (in addition to losses). The consequences are fatigue and distress. The assault will continue with movement and fighting until the order marker is reached or the units reatreat - make or break.

After each movement and assault a unit gets increasingly tired until it gets exhausted (two sides of a marker). The more tired it gets the lower its effectiveness is. After each fighting, results of distress may accumulate. First is gets disrupted and then eventually shaken (again, two sides of a marker). So a unit that starts fresh will eventually end up both exhausted and shaken, but still able to fight though.

Along the way it might also get a battle result as surpressed, which will stop an assault. A regiment can continue until the steam blows off and hopefully it will have reached its objective before its battalions receive retreat results, perhaps due to their increasingly poor status.

The trick is to know how far in among the French the Viet Minh should place the order markers. To far in the units might not be able to reach it and take unnecessary losses in the process of their struggle to get there. Also, failure is not good for morale. Not far in enough, the gains might not be that impressive and, who knows, maybe you could have taken that extra strongpoint also. And, of course, success is good for morale.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Allalalai
Star palmée
Allalalai

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeMer 18 Avr - 14:39

Lignes devient un forum international Real Green On avait déjà le nord de l'Europe avec Bir et Fred, voilà que c'est le monde anglo-saxon qui vient nous faire partager son expérience. Bienvenue et beau projet !
Santino
Sabertooth Tiger
Santino

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeMer 18 Avr - 15:29

Welcome Kim Very Happy

Dien Bien Phu seems to be a popular subject... at least three differents wargames are currently on the stages ! Your system seems to use interesting "soft" concepts.

birhacheim
Chevalier
birhacheim

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeMer 18 Avr - 15:54

Allalalai a écrit:
Lignes devient un forum international Real Green On avait déjà le nord de l'Europe avec Bir et Fred, voilà que c'est le monde anglo-saxon qui vient nous faire partager son expérience. Bienvenue et beau projet !

Plutôt la Suède... Mais bon, ça relève le niveau parce que le sud de l'Europe, c'est vraiment plus ce que c'était par rapport au temps de Carthage et surtout de Rome... More Green
http://www.bir-hacheim.com
Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeMer 18 Avr - 16:05

Hello everyone, I'm everywhere, as you see.

I guess I'm the only Swede here. But then again, there should be at least one representative from a country with a good economy, no? More Green
Allalalai
Star palmée
Allalalai

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeMer 18 Avr - 16:11

Kim Kanger a écrit:
Hello everyone, I'm everywhere, as you see.

I guess I'm the only Swede here. But then again, there should be at least one representative from a country with a good economy, no? More Green

tmdr tmdr tmdr tmdr
J'ai trouvé le surnom de Kim, Krisprolls !!!! C'est Bir le Libyen qui jouera Hinkmar !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW1naJf5Ilw

tmdr tmdr tmdr tmdr tmdr tmdr tmdr tmdr tmdr happy hour
birhacheim
Chevalier
birhacheim

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeMer 18 Avr - 16:17

Allalalai a écrit:

J'ai trouvé le surnom de Kim, Krisprolls !!!! C'est Bir le Libyen qui jouera Hinkmar !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW1naJf5Ilw

Kim, excuse ce pitre.... On ne peut rien attendre d'un indien mâtiné de zoulou (et puniqué avec ça) qui vit dans un trou perdu dans le sud de la France... More Green
Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeSam 21 Avr - 11:24

Work is proceeding. This game will not be burdened by a lot of complex rules. This will be a tournament game and have one single rule: Assault!

Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble Map
Santino
Sabertooth Tiger
Santino

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeSam 21 Avr - 11:35

Citation :
This game will not be burdened by a lot of complex rule
A Swedish design without cream ? Very Happy

Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeSam 21 Avr - 12:06

Oh, there will be cream enough, but I wont bother with a lot of unnecessary rules.

www . legionwargames.com/legion_dien_bien_phu.html
Santino
Sabertooth Tiger
Santino

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeSam 21 Avr - 13:54

At such a scale, won't Isabelle make the map too long ?

Fred59
Chevalier
Fred59

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeSam 21 Avr - 15:09

Santino a écrit:
At such a scale, won't Isabelle make the map too long ?
Good point !
It's why Isabelle will not be on the main map. Wink
Allalalai
Star palmée
Allalalai

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeSam 21 Avr - 15:11

Hi Kim, what sort of soft did you use for the map, especially for the entrenchments ?
Santino
Sabertooth Tiger
Santino

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeSam 21 Avr - 15:16

Citation :
It's why Isabelle will not be on the main map
That's it... match

Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeSam 21 Avr - 16:35

Citation :
Hi Kim, what sort of soft did you use for the map, especially for the entrenchments ?
Photoshop
Santino
Sabertooth Tiger
Santino

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeDim 22 Avr - 13:06

What are the areas surrounded by barbed wires but containing no entrenchements ( I mean the two hexes south of the river bank ) ? Movement hindrances ?

Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeDim 22 Avr - 14:35

The greenish hexes are wet flatlands. The yellowish hexes are a bit drier flatlands. You had wire all over the place, not only surrounding the strongpoints.
Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeLun 11 Juin - 12:05

As you can see, the picture is stylized into fewer and clearer colour fields at 600 dpi. This should work well when printed. I also wanted to make the icon almost physical with its big and dramatic picture. Perfect for companies clinging onto a hill at DBP.

Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble 6%20bpc_2
birhacheim
Chevalier
birhacheim

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeLun 11 Juin - 12:08

Kim Kanger a écrit:
As you can see, the picture is stylized into fewer and clearer colour fields at 600 dpi. This should work well when printed. I also wanted to make the icon almost physical with its big and dramatic picture. Perfect for companies clinging onto a hill at DBP.

Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble 6%20bpc_2

De l'idée,là en effet ! Good ! Wink
Santino
Sabertooth Tiger
Santino

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeLun 11 Juin - 12:35

I sometimes use this effect, vectorisation with fewer colours, it fits well to small counters. I like your picture and its effect, but I would work on the counter's layout ( light effect on the right hand corner, placement of the <7> in a way it doesn't touch the image's edges for instance ). Maybe an inner border ?

Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeLun 11 Juin - 14:21

It's now adjusted.
Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeLun 11 Juin - 18:49

Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble 88-308
Santino
Sabertooth Tiger
Santino

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeLun 11 Juin - 19:42

Won't this one look too blurry, even at small size ?

Kim Kanger
Auxiliaire

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeLun 11 Juin - 21:20

Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble 88-308small
Santino
Sabertooth Tiger
Santino

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitimeMer 13 Juin - 9:37

Is it possible to have a glance at the rules ?

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble   Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble I_icon_minitime

Dien Bien Phu, the final gamble
Page 1 sur 4Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant